Vote for Vuze!

General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize new menu options / hide options never in use

Option to hide menu items that are not in use, most of us don't use all menu options so it would be nice if one can hide items that they don't use.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You need to check your ads started seeing some virus ones that lock your pc up trying to make you call a scam number to fix it

Need to check your advertisement more carefully your getting virus/scam ones that lock down vuze trying to get you to call a number to "fix" your pc

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Highlight the pieces that contain Media Info (First and Last pieces do not ALWAYS capture the ENTIRE media info)

The Problem:

It usually so happens that a media file could be previewed only after a good percentage of it has been downloaded and that too much later, only to be discarded if the file does not contain the required content,quality,etc.

To avoid this common condition, Vuze has provided a feature to download the first and last pieces of a torrent file on priority. However, this solution is not always fruitful.

When downloading a media torrent, I've noticed that media info was incomplete despite downloading the first and last pieces. Moreover, I've also observed that such torrents most likely contained…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to choose the font in webpages.

A "native" font setting (without using the chrome extension).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Open vuze in same screen as it was closed. Tyia.

Usualy I use Vuze in the 'download view'. When I closed Vuze it used to open in the 'download view' again. Now it is constantly opening in the 'library view', whatever I try. Please correct it back. Tyai.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The small, horizontal-tabbed menu

The small, horizontal-tabbed pop-up menu on the right click at the downloading list – is a worst idea i've ever seen. It is blind. It is useless on touch screens because of a rollover reactions. Its too small and visually disbalanced with an operation system menus. In the end, rollover reactions makes it absolutely useless for the most people. But in the same time – its the most significant element in the whole download screen. Its a basics from a "ux for dumbs" lessons – please take your user serious.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Made sure that your advertisers in the free editition had valid security certificates!!! They keep blocking downloads!!

Made sure that your advertisers in the free editition had valid security certificates!!! They keep blocking downloads!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Simple one-off payment to own a lifetime ad-free version of Vuze (NOT Vuze Plus)

I'd be happy to pay a one-off fee that would enable me to have a legit ad-free copy of Vuze. I don't need/want any of the Vuze Plus features, only to be able to use my favourite torrent client without ads.

(I'm currently feeling forced into trialing alternative Bittorrent clients since some of the Vuze ads have started playing loud, annoying music/sounds at random).

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. able to sorta by data type in classic mode

it sorta looks like vuze is able to see if a torrent is mostly 1 type of data or another...would be nice if in classic mode..I could sort the torrents by the type of data.....app...archive...video...music...and yea I know I could create tags for them...I always forget tho..and seems simpler for me just to be able to sort the rows by data type

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Eliminate proprietary Vuze components and return development to open source Azureus

Vuze has turned into a malware spreader because of the people behind the proprietary code. They aren't contributing to the future of the app, they're trying to line their pockets. Time to cut them loose and develop Azureus as an entirely open-source project.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto Tagging

1.When new torrents are added use key words, for the file names or trackers, to tag them automatically and suggest save path accordingly.

2.Auto tag as "Remove" torrents that are old, have a slow share ratio progress, the average share ratio per month is insignificant, have reached the share ratio limit or other rules. Have a torrent limit for it and set different rules for every tag, for those who have multiple tags apply the lowest value.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Voze Media Center Mode

Vuze media center mode - something akin to Windows Media Player or XBMC, I would even settle for tight integration and/or control through those mentioned.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Open (follow) lead URL" entry in right-click torrent menu,

... if any URL torrent have.

Just little easement there, but asked several times.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Drag-select option with mouse

To start/stop/delete.. a few torrents you need to use the 'usual' key/mouse click combinations to multi-select. It would be nice if you could do it with the mouse, like on the picture.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. show progress, speed and approximate ETA when moving massive torrents (big in size/has lots of files).

Would also be great if it would be able to stop a move operation after the current one has completed (when more than one torrent has been selected to be moved).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to prevent conflicting between two and more same torrents ...

... nice if they not interfere between each other.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In 'Delete Content' dialog box, either remove or have the 'Apply action to all # selected items' check box pre-checked by default

In 'Delete Content' dialog box, either remove or have the 'Apply action to all # selected items' check box pre-checked by default, just as the 'Delete .torrent file as well' is automatically pre-checked. What I don't get is why is that 'Apply action to all...' checkbox there in the 1st place since it's unnecessarily redundant because I've had pre-selected all the files I wanted to 'Remove from Library' before entering into the 'Delete Content' dialog box. And now I have to tell Vuze again every time in the 'Delete Content' dialog box by checking the 'Apply action to all...' checkbox…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In 'Delete Content' dialog box: switch button placements between 'Remove from Library' & 'Cancel'. To avoid pressing 'Delete from Computer'

In 'Delete Content' dialog box: switch button placements between 'Remove from Library' & 'Cancel'. To avoid the frustration of accidentally pressing the 'Delete from Computer' button. The 'Remove...' button is the most frequently pressed button, which is better if placed closer to the 'Delete .torrent...' & 'Apply action to all...' checkboxes (the 2nd most frequently clicked).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. let the user have ability to re-arrange the right-click menu

I download alot of movies and TV shows, and am inevitably renaming each file to keep my files tidy

It would be great if ( for example) i could move 'rename displayed name' up the list just under 'show in finder'

.. i suppose i would re-organize the list to move options i use to the top and keep unused options on the bottom

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?
When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base