Vote for Vuze!

General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove ads

Remove the **** ads, it annoys more than encourages me to donate!!!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eliminate proprietary Vuze components and return development to open source Azureus

Vuze has turned into a malware spreader because of the people behind the proprietary code. They aren't contributing to the future of the app, they're trying to line their pockets. Time to cut them loose and develop Azureus as an entirely open-source project.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display a counter of downloaded items and the upload/download speed on the Dock icon

Other torrent software has this feature, and it's very nice to have - display the current upload/download speed and a counter of completed items on the Dock icon.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drag-select option with mouse

To start/stop/delete.. a few torrents you need to use the 'usual' key/mouse click combinations to multi-select. It would be nice if you could do it with the mouse, like on the picture.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Start vuze with one or more specified categories, tags or tabs

Vuze currently starts with "Library" but some users would wanna start differently.
    I currently have over 60 tasks in vuze and i would like to start with only the active ones.
    Other users might wanna start with the seeding tasks or with the all peers tab.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show thumbnail from video/image

Add a column (or something) that shows a thumbnail of the video if the torrent is a video, or an image if the torrent has images

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Desktop gadget for the desktop in win7 control and monitor torrents download

make a desktop gadget to control torrents pause resume update tracker etc in a small desktop gadget!!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase TEXT SIZE in PROGRESS bar in both simple and advanced views.

the progress bar is a very useful feature, but the text size is very small and it should be increased so that it can be read easily and fastly.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Simple one-off payment to own a lifetime ad-free version of Vuze (NOT Vuze Plus)

I'd be happy to pay a one-off fee that would enable me to have a legit ad-free copy of Vuze. I don't need/want any of the Vuze Plus features, only to be able to use my favourite torrent client without ads.

(I'm currently feeling forced into trialing alternative Bittorrent clients since some of the Vuze ads have started playing loud, annoying music/sounds at random).

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. simpler speed schedule interface

the speed schedule interface under tools is pretty hard to understand..it would be nice to clean this up and make a simpler GUI for it..something with like checkboxes and pull down menus

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show Details of torrent in a fixed pannel

At this moment first we have to click on a torrent then we have to click Details to view it. It will be much easier and comfortable if there is a fixed panel for showing details of the selected torrent automatically.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. let the user have ability to re-arrange the right-click menu

I download alot of movies and TV shows, and am inevitably renaming each file to keep my files tidy

It would be great if ( for example) i could move 'rename displayed name' up the list just under 'show in finder'

.. i suppose i would re-organize the list to move options i use to the top and keep unused options on the bottom

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. zip its backups.

My backup folders have thousands of files in them. Please offer the option to have a backup folder automatically zipped when complete. Handling the backups then becomes easier and much faster.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mouse browser back button would return to search resluts screen

It would be great to be able to press my mouse button that is associated w/ my web browser back button and be able to return to the search results screen from the detail listing of an individual torrent's web site. As an alternative to having to click the < Back to results button. Plus any other spots in the app you would find it useful.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Confusing UI

Confusing and bad UI,make it simpler.
    I tired classic view,yuck!!
    Also too much options that couldn't be understood,make it user friendly.
    Need to improve a lot.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Organize Files Library in subfolders so the view of them in Vuze can be shorter

The idea is to browse in the local file library as Nautilus does with /home and organize the view into vuze as folder and subfolder

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In 'Delete Content' dialog box, either remove or have the 'Apply action to all # selected items' check box pre-checked by default

In 'Delete Content' dialog box, either remove or have the 'Apply action to all # selected items' check box pre-checked by default, just as the 'Delete .torrent file as well' is automatically pre-checked. What I don't get is why is that 'Apply action to all...' checkbox there in the 1st place since it's unnecessarily redundant because I've had pre-selected all the files I wanted to 'Remove from Library' before entering into the 'Delete Content' dialog box. And now I have to tell Vuze again every time in the 'Delete Content' dialog box by checking the 'Apply action to all...' checkbox…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. have option to retain original library and download window views

i find the new library and download windows frustrating to use. i shut down and restart vuze several times a day and now have to reset these windows each time, sliding this up, sliding that down. what ever happened to download window being ONLY for DOWNLOADS?

While i love vuze to bits i'm really hating this 'feature'

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A hover option to show which torrent(s) and/or subscription is required for the file

For those of us who are not very technical, help up to know which torrents are most likely to work for us based on our downloaded set of torrents and which ones require subscriptions. Now we have to download and open it (then often delete it). Simplify codes by automatically translating and categorizing them.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Open torrent Screen Options

On the "Open torrent Option" screen, If you select more than one torrent on the left column of the screen, The "Start Options" disappears as does the "Tracker Peer, connections" options.

If you open several torrents at the same time, there is a good chance they are related so it would be good if you could select more than one and change the tags/queue position and even tracker options since these could affect the initial save directories.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?
When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base