Vote for Vuze!

General

Vuze would be more awesome if it could ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The "New" Page should allow you to select multiple torrents and then unselect the "watched" button for all torrents.

Currently you can select multiple files but the "watched" button only affects the one you have clicked. Right now the only way to remove multiple torrents from the list is to individually unselect them

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      completed: 5100  ·  4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Have a way to reset the transfer stats.

It would be easier to keep track of usage for all those that have a cap on data usage. Right now I use another program, but it isn't always accurate.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Utility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Edit column headings

I only use the classic interface but I expect this idea would be generally applicable.

Vuze will try to use smaller fonts to squeeze wide headings into narrow columns when it would sometimes be better to abbreviate. Some people would like to use a translation.

Allowing headings to be edited by the user would be a great general solution, especially where the column width can be adjusted by the user.

If users invest time and effort into customisation, they're less likely to switch to a rival application.

12 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          completed: 5100  ·  2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add "DL/UL Peak Speed" and "Average Speed" stats to Column

This simple add-on could allow the user to know the highest DL UL speed, and the average speed of a download/seed session.

The "average speed" feature must provide an update interval setting.

5 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add support for 'per torrent ignore rules'

I use ignore rules within Vuze as essentially "seed torrents until" rules, to automate how long I seed after completion. In my case, my only ignore rule is a share ratio of 2.0 to 1.

These default rules are good for most torrents but sometimes I want to give some extra support (IE: bandwidth) to a torrent. In that case I would like to be able to change the ignore rule for that torrent to a much higher "target share ratio" but this setting can only be made globally at the moment. Please add a way to set it per…

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

See B25 – note however that this is currently implemented by setting the first-priority share ratio per torrent, NOT the ignore ratio – this is more seeding friendly. Please report how well this works for you…

• Show the availability of a file by the minimum availability of all its pieces.

In cases where a torrent contains many files which other peers have a tendency to selectively download, it's sometimes the case where individual files will cease to be available. It would be a useful feature if the torrent file details tab had an optional column which indicated the availability of the file as a measure of the minimum availability of each of its pieces.

21 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                completed: 5100  ·  1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Don't see your idea?
              When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base