Vote for Vuze!

General

Vuze would be more awesome if it could ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set initial share ratio when using the "add for seeding" option.

I sometimes want to add a torrent I've created and/or or seeded elsewhere. This to conditionally allow further seeding according to my normal seeding rules.

I use the classic UI. If I don't use the "add for seeding" option, the share ratio is shown as infinity, which the seeding rules can't handle. If I use the option, the initial share ratio is zero, which is only appropriate for new torrents to be downloaded. This "add for seeding" option would be more useful if I could also set the initial share ratio.

Thanks for your time.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      completed: 5500  ·  4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Quick settings plugin

Quick settings plugin
      Several important fields would appear in the toolbar simply called "toolbar". These would mainly be:

- Max simultaneous downloads
      - Global max upload speed
      - Global max download speed

I find myself having to open the Options menu all the time just to alter these few settings so it would be great to just be able to have them in the toolbar. You could customize this to allow different settings to appear in your quick settings list.

I did a quick mockup in Photoshop. Obviously I didn't know what the correct fonts were but you get the…

193 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        9 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Enable/disable Tag or Category buttons separately on Incomplete and Complete lists

This is admittedly a bit picayune, and I'll completely understand if you just say "no" — but I figured it can't hurt to ask.

It'd be nice if the Tag buttons (or Category buttons, I suppose, though I no longer use those now that Tag functionality supersedes them) could be enabled/disabled for just one of the two lists in My Torrents view, without forcing them to be present on the other as well.

While I often filter Completed Torrents by tag, I NEVER filter my Incomplete Torrents list, so the buttons up there are nothing but a huge chunk of…

8 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          completed: 5500  ·  7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Sort, and hide (some), Tag buttons in library

Now that Tags have completely superseded Categories for all torrent management functions (yay!), and because (as a result of their flexibility/power) I end up having a LOT of tags for various different purposes, I find that I'm suffering from a bit of Tag Overload in the interface. Most notably, the filter buttons in the library views.

Some of my tags are categorization tags that I'll want to filter on — tags for "Movies", "TV", "Music", "Sets" (DJ mixes), "Software", "Distros", etc. Others are automated tags, like the ones I have to apply certain Tracker Templates or to set parameters like…

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Quick View by default for supported file types

Since we have the "Quick-view file extensions" list (in Tools -> Options -> Files), and know which files can be quick-viewed, it'd be nice if double-clicking any of those files (in Torrent Details' Files tab) performed a Quick View by default, instead of launching the file in an external viewer.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              completed: 5500  ·  0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • right-click and Copy weblinks in Options panes.

I run Vuze on a remote headless server. When there are web links (usually documentation) in Options that I'd like to view, I'd prefer to open the page in my local browser rather than launching one on the Vuze machine and reading it there.

VNC supports clipboard exporting, so just being able to right-click on the link and select "Copy URL" is all I need. Right now, right-clicking a link does exactly the same thing as left-clicking: It launches the system handler (web browser) for the URL locally.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                completed: 5500  ·  0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • No help doco for low resource usage mode.

You have an option for 'low resource usage mode' in the UI, but I can't find anything in your Wiki or help documentation that describes this option in more detail. This is a glaring omission.

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?
                When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base