Vote for Vuze!

General

Vuze would be more awesome if it could ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow vuze remote to bind to a different interface

I am currently using a VPN and forcing Vuze to use the VPN interface. Unfortunately the VPN provider does not support uPNP, so vuze remote is not working.

Would there be a chance to add an option to bind the remote functionality to a different network interface?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create unique named .tmp files for not selected files on Selective Downloading

Selective Downloading has to download "not selected" files sometimes, I get that, but there is a chance of name conflict when downloading multiple torrents with top level folder removed and skipped files with the same name.

Make the skipped files have a unique .tmp name to avoid conflicts with other torrents.

More info on the problem I'm having with conflicting name files:
      http://forum.vuze.com/Thread-Error-Disk-access-error-renameFile-fails--2752

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        completed: 5700  ·  1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Enable an auto-restart after X minutes of inactivity

My ISP (COX) tends to block ports/traffic periodically. This is mostly solved by a Vuze restart, but I'd like the ability to configure this automatically. Like if no activity for 10 minutes, auto-restart Vuze.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          completed: 5700  ·  1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add new group "Table Formatting Defaults" in Options > Interface > Tables

The ability to customize DateTime format is awesome but it could be better. If a "Table Default" value for DateTime is configured in the Options, then that would override the Vuze <table default> and would be global so we don't have to separately customize each and every DateTime column in each and every table. This could easily be dozens of places to customize. In other words, exposé the <table default> in the Options and let us change it globally or leave it as is. This in no way changes the per column customizability offered right in the table.

What I…

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow speeds in Vuze status bar and Vuze window title bar to displayed only in KB/s

If the DL and UL and speeds are reported only in one unit, say KB/s then the "k" would no longer be needed. So a 23.4MB/s speed would show as 2,3400. Allow full control over the fomatting. For example I do not want to see decimal places in the title bar because in Windows 7 those values also show live super small in title of the taskbar thumbnails. I have posted an idea to allow configuration of formatting in tables with columns for DateTime, data size, speed etc. This idea is similar but the formatting customization is not part of…

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              completed: 5700  ·  1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Intelligent/Assignable Seeding Priority by Tracker (Available Bandwidth Seeding)

Intelligent/Assignable Seeding Priority by Tracker (Available Bandwidth Seeding)

We already have seeding priority by ratio, peers, etc. What VUZE doesn't have (and other clients do) is an assignable IMPORTANCE value for each seed with bandwidth management of seeding.

EXPLANATION
              Most torrenters seed only until such time that their ratio obligation (or goal) is fulfilled, than delete. This is convenient for the individual, but a bit selfish. This leaves trackers with loads of dead torrents, many of them very interesting and very hard to find. I committed to keep everything I download on seed indefinitely. This can be done with intelligent/assignable…

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • downloaded pieces bar graph on "general" tab enhancements

The downloaded pieces bar graph on "general" tab could be enhanced when the torrent contains multiple files:
                -show a vertical line between files (e.g., "file1|file2----|file3-------|file4")
                -Shade the areas for "do not download/delete" files

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  completed: 5700  ·  0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add an abort capability to the auto-shutdown feature.

Several times now I've set Vuze to shutdown when downloading/seeding is completed and then forgot that I had the option set. The result is an unexpected shutdown that can't be aborted while I'm working on something and the last download/seed suddenly completes. I've now lost several hours of work (transcodes in progress, etc.) during the couple of times this has happened.

It would be great if there were an abort option for the shutdown feature. All it needs is a pop-up timer and warning that Vuze will shutdown the computer in 2 or 3 minutes plus a button allowing the…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    completed: 5700  ·  0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Why is it so hard to add retina display support for MacBooks?

I am really happy with this program. It is so sad to see one of my favourite programs does not have proper retina support. This feature should have been added way too long ago since retina MacBooks aren't a new thing. I really am disappointed and it looks too bad to look at while all other programs support retina display.

8 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Bad work of Auto shutdown option. You must ask me before shutting down my PC.

When we select for auto shutdown, after finishing seeding or download. Vuze should ask for confirmation and wait for few seconds and then trigger the operation. How hard I try, this makes me helpless by turning off my PC.

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        completed: 5700  ·  0 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Collapsible 'Operation In Progress' dialogue box

The 'Operation In Progress' dialogue box currently CANNOT be minimised. This is very, very troublesome especially when moving massive torrents (big in size/has lots of files) or especially a dozen at a time. This should change perhaps by making it collapsible OR minimise-able it into the notification area at the bottom right so that other operations can also be done, like managing new or other torrents.

22 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          6 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Support high reselution screen (e.g. retina) for windows 8.

Support higher resolution screen under Windows 8. The Windows 8 could be easily set up for retina displays using scale function, but Vuze will then look unnatural and uncomfortable. Some fonts will scale 200% with Windows while others won't, there shoud be a solution.

36 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 175 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              13 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • download file in sequential order

it should include one feature of qbittorent 1.download file in sequential order

15 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                completed: 5700  ·  3 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Don't see your idea?
                              When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base