Vote for Vuze!

General

Vuze would be more awesome if it could ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shutdown Vuze / Computer after x hours of Seeding.

I would like to be able to do some downloads and then leave the computer and go to work / bed. If it finishes the downloads it would then Seed for a few hours and then shutdown.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      completed: 5710  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Improve Extremely Fast availability & Quality of Seeds

"Attempt to merge incomplete files that are of same files" is a very good available step.
      My Suggestion: To have an option with which we can point (Manual , Auto selection by user) to available data in Hard Disk or a folder. Vuze then should check whether any of the available data files is matching with the torrent data files & if ok transfer that to the torrent folder. This should definitely help in incressing availability of extinct, partial seeds & fast availabilty.

89 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Need sound alert and pop up notification for torrent errors

In the case of torrent errors like

1) Disk read, write error

2) Error failed to change storage type

3) Error disk write flush fails

4) Error open fails .......

In the case of any error we need to get sound alert and pop up a notification. So that only we can look into the problems, when Vuze is running in the background.

I am using Vuze 5.6.2.0, as of now I don't see any error notifications in the form of sound alert or pop ups

13 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          completed: 5710  ·  0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Disable magnet links window with a selectable option

It would be great if the window for magnet links that pops up could be made not to show up (an option perhaps), perhaps a simple progress bar on the main window could be implemented. This is on OSX.
          Thanks!

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            completed: 5710  ·  10 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • It did not repeatedly ask me to bind Vuze to VPN connections, esp. when its last prompt(s) is still visible.

This even seems to cause crashes sometimes, when there are lots of prompts open and I add a new torrent.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              completed: 5710  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                completed: 5710  ·  6 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Easier way to create new torrents and multiple torrents that is not in a container.

Easier way to create new torrents and multiple torrents that is not in a container, similar to "My Shares" drag and drop files to Vuze My Share window. I like the simplicity of Shares but the tracker and shares disappear when my laptop is disconnected from HardDrive. Regular torrent file persists even when data files are missing and automatically relinks to data files when reconnected bur Shares have to be recreated from data file every time laptop is reconnected to external HD.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  completed: 5710  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Rename "Azureus" UPnP title that shows in router interface table / menus

I like using UPnP feature of Vuze just fine, as I like to randomize the assigned port every time I launch Vuze.

The issue is that in my main ISP's / company router, the entry that shows up is labeled as "Azureus ..." with my matching static IP address.

If ever someone (ISP or other official body) decided to see what was being used on my network, they would automatically know that Azureus was in use.

For now, I have had to dissable UPnP, and put manual / static Port Forwarding rules into my router. This means I lose the…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    completed: 5710  ·  1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add a link for beta testers to easily provide feedback

Can we get a link in the help dropdown that is available for simple feedback for Beta testers? Otherwise one has to navigate to numerous pages to get to the right place, and we still are not sure if we have found the right place.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      completed: 5710  ·  1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Don't see your idea?
                    When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base