Improve Extremely Fast availability & Quality of Seeds
"Attempt to merge incomplete files that are of same files" is a very good available step.
My Suggestion: To have an option with which we can point (Manual , Auto selection by user) to available data in Hard Disk or a folder. Vuze then should check whether any of the available data files is matching with the torrent data files & if ok transfer that to the torrent folder. This should definitely help in incressing availability of extinct, partial seeds & fast availabilty.
1) Can we have time of start & time of end?
2) Manual Selection or tick marking what all parameters shall be checked for matching? Should match "name" and/ or extension and/or size etc...
The deletion of files from HDD I mentioned: I think this happens when already once linking is done. & we re-run again.
4) Another issue: When the linking completes, is there any message or indication saying it is completed? As of now Still on the heading it is shown as "Looking for files....)
Content-> Move Data Files after doing the HDD file linking is leading to the linked file (Original) getting its location shifted)
Vuze->Content->search for existing data files
Testing was done & it is fabulous. Its is recommended to give a lifetime free license to the originator/ ideator. Also to the Beta testers :) Almost 200 dead torrents have seeds now.
Following are the bugs/ observations:
1) Few Files from the searched HDD location are getting deleted & found in recycle bin.
2) There is no option currently for selecting multiple HDD folders or Drives.
3) It would be worth if multiple matching files are available, the best among them maybe selected for linking or
Say if 1 of the multiple file in the HDD folder have 60% good data, another 40%; combine & make the data 100% by creating a new file in the torrent "download folder". Once again Congrats to the admin/ developers. Great and revolutionary one!!!
ie Great News. Folder alongwith child folders will be scanned, right?
A great suggestion. Hope this will be implemented in next revision.
Great One to add!
Long awaited Idea.
ie an awesome idea. Long awaited feature. Lets have it in Vuze before anyone else.