Vote for Vuze!

Vuze would be more awesome if it could ...

Add new group "Table Formatting Defaults" in Options > Interface > Tables

The ability to customize DateTime format is awesome but it could be better. If a "Table Default" value for DateTime is configured in the Options, then that would override the Vuze <table default> and would be global so we don't have to separately customize each and every DateTime column in each and every table. This could easily be dozens of places to customize. In other words, exposé the <table default> in the Options and let us change it globally or leave it as is. This in no way changes the per column customizability offered right in the table.

What I am suggesting is adding a new page to the Options > Interface > Tables or at least a group titled "Table Formatting Defaults" and offer a few more formatting settings. For example let us set a default format for Size columns. I would love to have all sizes be represented only in MB. That way a 2.7GB torrent would appear as 2700.000MB; A 450KB to torrent would appear as 0.450MB. Notice I left three decimal places in this example. So this is not a only a request for configurability of unit of measurement of data size but additionally a formatting option. For example one could wish to leave out the MB because it is the same for all torrents. Because I have very few torrents under 1MB, I would not mind if a 200KB was rounded up to 1MB (rounding it down to 0MB would be confusing with when the value is actually 0). The point is let us format our own UI our way. The same applies to Speed columns (unit of data/sec). When thousands of torrents are in the table it is hard to visually tell that 999B/s is a whole lot slower than 10.5M/s in the row right below it. I could easily tell if they were formatted 1 for the formaer and 10,500 for the latter (or 10500 if formatted without the comma as some countries do). We should not impose US conventions on the rest of the world. All of these belong in one neat place in the Options.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AngelAngel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed: 5700  ·  VuzeAdminVuze (Admin, Vuze) responded  · 

Initial support will be in B04 for teh size column in library view (not sure about other size columns at the moment…)

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AngelAngel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, thank you. That is exactly what I was suggesting -- global date format. I can't believe I missed to see that option.

So the remaining portion of my idea still remains to have a few more global formatting options for "Size" related columns and for "Speed" related columns. Then you can put all the global formatting options in their own group.

Thank you again for being so responsive. That is why Vuze kicks ***!

When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base