Vote for Vuze!

Vuze would be more awesome if it could ...

allow vuze remote to bind to a different interface

I am currently using a VPN and forcing Vuze to use the VPN interface. Unfortunately the VPN provider does not support uPNP, so vuze remote is not working.

Would there be a chance to add an option to bind the remote functionality to a different network interface?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Liviu Sas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Liviu Sas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's what I am doing now.
        And actually it did not work till yesterday. Vuze would not bind the remote access port to the local wifi interface. It actually did not bind to any interface.

Initially I thought that the Tools -> Options -> Connection -> Advanced Network Settings -> Enforce IP bindings.... was causing the issue.
        Then I deleted the binding for the Web Remote, and it started binding only to the VPN interface. Then I re-added the binding to the local interface Ip address and it started working.... Weird ...

So it's working for me now, but it's a bit clunky, and if the local interface IP changes, it will stop working :(

• AdminVuze (Admin, Vuze) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about you set up a dynamic DNS address (e.g. http://www.noip.com/) and then enable the 'explicit attributes' under Tools->Options->Connection->Pairing and enter your dynamic address there under 'Host Address (DNS name)'

This should fix the remote.vuze.com not working (with luck).

Not an ideal solution but perhaps better than nothing.

• Liviu Sas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, the web server allows to bind to a certain IP address, not interface. And the IP address on the desired interface can be dynamic. It's better if we can choose the interface instead of the IP address.

Also, the remote.vuze.com is still not working as the registration for the remote server still uses the vpn, and it learns the VPN IP address.

When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base