Vote for Vuze!

General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hash text insert into torrent

would like to have an option in vuze to automatically add a text file containing the hash of the torrent to the file/folder downloaded

this is helpful for going back later and figuring out which torrent it was you actually downloaded...without having to have vuze actually open

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it easy to comment on downloads, even if it means paying.

Many users can recognise qualitatively bad, virus infected or, redirect type post, on torrent distribution websites. Most will move on hoping that someone else sorts it out. I think, it’s because, it’s too complicated to comment and people associate involvement as complicity. My never ending naive belief in mankind leads me to conclude, that if this function were made clear/easier, security were explained and it was bundled with a proxy server, Christmas would truly be upon us. Let me/us help but keep me safe. All credit to what you have done up to date and keep up the good work

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Force status for announce trackers in the Source tab. Good for multitracker things.

Force status for announce trackers in the Source tab. Good for multitracker things.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop popup messages when it can't connect to the advertising network.

If you have slow bandwidth the ad window can't connect to the network and constantly pops up error messages which stop the app and download progress from refreshing. Understand that ads are important, but the error pop doesn't help anybody in any way.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Abitity to check other seeds' upload speeds/activity while seeding myself

I have often seen that a torrents show 2 to 3 seed and say 2 peers (of which I am one). Next as the download progresses I find that the seeders are too slow ...so i use swarm merge and loads more of searching to finally get the torrent file(mind you it was a 3GB file) after a lot of frustration. So I need to seed it properly now since the other peer also has a slow download speed.I such cases I think an overall speed of other seeds (not the swarm average) listing is very helpful

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. lock the torrent

lock the torrent, while doing that the selected torrent can not be changed in its process until you choose to unlock it.
    in other words, it cannot be stopped if you try to stop it and its playing, the opposite is the same.
    the uploading speed and downloading speed can not be changed to what you set it.
    the order of this torrent can not be changed.
    the location can not be changed.
    the name of the torrent can not be changed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Nothing, system works would be nice if it was written in c so that it could be converted into assembly language using gcc

would it not be better if Vuze was written in C++ that it could be compiled into native X64 code and thus speed up the package and also means that it runs at full speed all the time and no tweaking would be required.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. check available space before moving completed torrents

There is a option "Completion Moving" under "Files" subcategory.
    Here you can "Move completed files (after download)".
    I have a gigabit internet connection, and I prefer to download my torrents on fast ssd, and then move them to slow but huge hdd.
    When download competes, Vuze doesn't check is destination disk has enough space for that completed torrent. So, please add such check.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include a permanent option to delete torrent files without confirmation when cancelling/stopping/deleting files from library/seeding list.

Since a long time ago, when you select a currently downloading/seeding file, when you hit the delete button to either delete if from the library of from your computer/device (it was easier before with a menu item instead of a clunky graphical button) you are forced to click on a confirmation box if you want to also delete the torrent file when selecting multiple files. This should be included into the configuration so as not to do it all the time if one does not want to keep those torrent files. Additionally, if you select multiple files for deletion, if…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. vuze has gone ****

get vuse to "REALLY" be my default torrent handler

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatically configure connection to bypass ISP throttling.

Some entire countries have torrent connections blocked and throttled. Manually configuring is kind of tricky for beginner users and still difficult to find the most optimal settings. make it like a simple option so Vuze can configure itself to obtain a good, fast connection.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More protection from malware torrents

Since re-starting torrenting again after years away I have been staggered at the Malware! Already I have had some serious crashes. Would like the ability of members to post a note warning others of serious malware problems with torrents. That way we would not waste time on downloading and all the time ridding our machines of these awful computer pests!

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate 'AutoCategory' and 'Save Path' plugins right into the core.

Integrate 'AutoCategory' and 'Save Path' plugins right into the core. Extend the functionality to auto categorize based on information obtained from external metadata sources.

The purpose is to save files directly into an XMBC library folder structure it understands.

I would pay for this feature if it was pro only.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Smart duplicates prevention

When automatically downloading torrents using RSS feeds similarly named torrents should not be skipped - this should be based on fuzzy file name logic, and allow conditions such as download if new file is better quality then delete old and download new one, or new torrent contains specific (regex) keywords the replace existing torrents in order of priority.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rate torrent post download

To really make the rating system helpful I would like to be able to add notes or rank torrents post download after I have viewed the whole torrent.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a UI for scheduling bandwidth filters

uTorrent has a simple scheduling UI, which works great if you're about to reach your data limit and want to schedule torrents to only run at specific times.. Vuze however only has some complex method of writing your own schedule filter files... An inbuilt UI would be so much easier

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prioritise peers when super-seeding based on how well they share data

Often when super-seeding you end up sending large amounts of data to one peer that is only leeching and doesn't share that data with others. So you have to send it again to other peers before the torrent is fully seeded, slowing down the initial seed.

It would be good to uniquely identify peers and keep track of which blocks you sent to them. Then you could check to see how many of the peers you are connected to have those blocks. If all your peers only have 2% of the blocks you sent to a certain client, you could…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Boost Speed by disconnecting peers who have uploaded insignificant amount of data

When seeding and having limited speed or connections, disconnect peers who have uploaded insignificant amount of data for a given period of time using the "Uploaded from you:Uploaded from other" ratio to allow for others that might have a greater need to connect. That will boost some of those users speed and the seeder would use her or his precious share ratio and bandwidth more efficient. You might wanna do something similar when downloading.

383 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better support/recognize when data is being transferred to/from removable storage.

Allow Vuze to recognize when torrent is downloading onto an external HDD or SSD. I keep most of my large file on a high-capacity USB HDD. When I start VUze without the drive connected or remove the drive, the program gives a "file not found" error. It would be nice if it could recognize that a .torrent is being downloaded to an external drive, and set a flag in the .torrent. That way, when the drive is removed, instead of throwing an error, it could just stop the .torrent noting that the drive is disconnected, and when the drive is…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Select multiple directories in one pass by date when creating a torrent

When creating a torrent: Vuze has the unique ability to allow selection of more than one directory. One way to make that very unique feature even better would be to provide a way to select multiple directories at one time, e.g. use the control key or shift key to hold selected directories while selecting another.

A directly-related second improvement would be to provide a "Date modified" column within the directory selection window. By doing so, you could sort by date on that column and then select only the newest folders for the new torrent.

Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base