Vote for Vuze!

General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make vuze prioritize peers from your own isp then country.

This would enable faster upload/download speeds and reduce the amount of bandwidth the ISP has to route.

228 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a file watcher to added torrents so that if I move the files I don't get a "file missing" error in Vuze.

Sometimes I define the download folder wrong and then move my files around to organise them (from downloads folder to music folder or movies or series or whatever) and I constantly get "file missing" errors that lead to just deleting the file from the library and thus not sharing them anymore.

Basically, protect the user from being stupid (like me =)

Great app! Thx!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder organization in the Vuze folder

When vuze puts downloaded files into it's vuze folder it kind of just throws them in there. Instead, allow vuze to organize the folders. If your download some video files it just tosses them in there on the end of the list. when doing media streaming it's a complete pain finding your file. Instead, make vuze stick that single video file int he folder with the title of that torrent. It would be much easier to find it while streaming video.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us customize it so we can take away "Web Search" if we don't want it!

I never use it if I wanted to search the web I could open a browser and do that. It doesn't help at all and seems pointless.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Only throttle download speed of torrents on overloaded drives

Since I have multiple hard drives for torrenting, it'd be very useful if Vuze wouldn't throttle download speed of every single torrent when only a single hard drive is overloaded (100% active time) but other drives (which are also being used for torrenting) are not working at 100%. This way, other torrents on non-overloaded drives can keep downloading.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. give a scheduler option without the necessity to install a plug-in to do so...

give a scheduler option without the necessity to install a plug-in to do so...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More, much more workaround at the CPU usage by the Vuze. Make it extremely low at the 0%-5% level. Also special automatic Game Mode, ....

... which will fully deactivate the Vuze, if there is the full screen game application. So, Vuze's CPU usage in this mode goes to 0%.

And then back automatic activate client after exiting from the Game Mode.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. let me add a torrent search engine in find torrent address bar , not just Sites you add

let me add a torrent search engine in find torrent address bar , not just Sites you add

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. have a different algorithm for auto-speed mode: "when only seeding" and "when downloading and seeding"

i would like to use Auto-Speed (beta) when downloading and seeding, and "Neural (Gudy Alpha) when only seeding

with Auto-speed (beta) i get a very low upload speed (for my internet connection), but it is stable and smooth
    with Neural (Gudy Alpha) i get a very high upload speed (maybe too high), but it is not smooth (and maybe could affect my download speed)

i set "global max upload speed" at 40-45 KB/s, with Auto-Speed (beta) i get an upload speed less than 30 KB/s (80% capacity used in upload capacity usage), with Neural i get an upload speed till…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. forces the position/order of torrents in seeding state

could we have an option to force the position / order of a torrent (in seeding state), even when the option "Automatically reposition torrents based on Seeding Rank" has been setted

thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Do something so that torrents can be downloaded using public networks which use a proxy to connect to, like in colleges and malls...

Unable to download torrents from college wifi, because it requires a proxy to connect to the network.
    Please do something to make it work.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Limit download count per on a per tracker basis.

Many private trackers limit the number of torrents that may be downloaded from them at a time, exceeding this limit will cause the tracker to refuse telling you about any peers, even if you have just enqueued additional torrents in anticipation of other slots becoming available.

Please add a preference that allows torrents to appear to the network exactly as they would if they were stopped, but which are in fact queued in the event that more than N(user configurable) torrents try to contact such a private tracker.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If it could rename episode of TV Shows in a user specific format such as S01E01 or S1x1

The ability to automatically rename an episode of a TV show in a format that the user specifies.
    This could also apply to movies as you may want to always include the year made in the title if available or remove it.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. What about a "cut download" option, for when you don't want to download, but want to keep seeding?

Because limiting download speed takes too much time, even more if you are already limiting several downloads at different speeds.
    It just cuts the download, keeping the upload, like a "pause/resume" for download only.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set Vuze global upload speed limit depending on the activity of jDownloader

I often download through Vuze and jDownloader simultaneously. I've noticed however that it is necessary to lower the upload speed limit in Vuze even further—in order to prevent data traffic congestion—during the time when jDownloader is downloading than when it is idling. So during the time when jDownloader is not downloading anything, it is possible to raise Vuze's upload speed to its "normal" level. I can do this manually, of course, but that is not only very inconvenient but it is even not practical at all, as it will be obvious that I can't be (or even wouldn't consider) monitoring…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?
When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base