Vote for Vuze!

General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improvise on small torrents

A feature for Vuze premium that allows the vuze server -or servers- To download small torrents -Roughly 40MB's and under- And upload them to a HTTP link allowing you to direct download them instead of having to rely on seeders.

So,

Idea:

Vuze downloads the torrent. -Shown with a progress bar-
    Automatically uploads the torrent to an outside website. -Mediafire or something-
    Automatically forces the computer to download from the outside source.
    Shows as completed on the torrenting Dohicki -Vuze-

Some other feature that would work well with that, Is syncing Vuze and Your mobile together. So you can do…

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add new torrents to the top of the queue (think auto-download subscriptions, when there are numerous large torrents already in the queue)

Add new torrents to the top of the queue (think auto-download subscriptions, when there are numerous large torrents already in the queue - they are added, but don't download because the large torrents in front of them have not yet finished - this is frustrating, especially when you're keen to get home and have the torrent ready)

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display the total size of the selected files to be downloaded and not the total size of the whole file in the torrent

The size displayed should be the total size of the selected files and not the size of the torrent as a whole.. If i were to download a torrent with a total size of 50gb and selected some files totaling 2gb then it should display 2gb instead of 50gb..

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. set the download strategy per torrent or (if possible) per file: normal download or prioritize first and last piece of file(s)

vuze has the option prioritize first and last piece of file(s), in option - transfer, but it's globally, i'd like to set this option per torrent/file and not globally
    thanks

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. seeding/leaching resume on first missing piece

When checking a torrent it would be nice if you started to seed and connect to seeders once the first downloaded/missing piece is detected respectively.

I download a lot of very large torrents (100+ GB) and if they are shows or something I might watch one and delete it and then resume downloading some more. This often triggers a check on the torrent (and it seems that Vuze checks periodically anyways) and for a large torrent it can take several minutes to an hour to check the torrent. All the while I see the progress bar pass a much of…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic routing of files to folders based on user defined categories

I have folders assigned for 1080p movies, 720p movies, Concerts, Music etc. Currently, I select the folder where I want the download to be saved and THEN categorize the download. Would it not be simpler to categorize the download FIRST and then have it routed to the appropriate folder?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be easier if you could goto your torrent site right from Vuze, and download them through vuze, instead of having to open your brows

if vuze's "Browser" per-say was more like Firefox or Internet Explorer, so we wouldn't have to have our browser open as well.

439 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhanched DHT services

I think there is still a lot of potential in the DHT. In the DHT it's possible to create a network with advanced services. I like the Swarm discovery feature but it would be great to create a database with categories and dht search.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why Vuze is SOOOOOO much better than Bitlord

Vuze is the best compared to the rest

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. auto force seed the forced downloaded torrents

this would be a very helpful option as most of the time we want the forced downloaded torrents to be seeded for a long period not just stopped after a certain share ratio in case we are setting a ratio for normal downloads

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Consolidate all known peers collected from any source to output from the builtin tracker

This used to work in an old Azureus 2 version before it was renamed to Vuze, if I recall correctly.
    You could collect peer's IP/Port combinations via the torrent's set trackers, DHT, and other peer discovery plugins and the seed/peer/completion count on the tracker page would reflect the count shown in the UI window (the actual seed and peer count). A scrape request to Azureus' builtin tracker would provide the client with discovered peers and not just the seeds and peers which have connected to the tracker (which is how this currently appears to work).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Capability to transfer jobs from one vuze client to another

Make vuze lite versions for Android, iOS, NAS devices (running linux). And add capability to transfer jobs between these clients when the file download location does not change.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have an option to selectively rescan for seeds periodically on currently unseeded torrents and auto-restart them if necessary

From time to time I find myself interested in an unseeded torrent which someone may reseed from time to time once sufficient demand grows. Unfortunately, said seeds or even peers with more of the file don't necessarily show while the torrent is stopped or, even if it does, I may be away and unable to take advantage of it.

What I would like is an option in the right-click menu to set certain stopped torrents to periodically rescan all possible sources just as if it were started and, if more of the file is available, to restart the torrent giving…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Seeding Button

Make a button on each torrent to choose whether you would like to seed the torrent or not. The button could be placed next to the drop down bar for each torrent that shows the files. The button should be able to toggle seeding and make it easier to turn it on/off and control how much it uploads and for how long.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Switch to the "alternate rate when only seeding" even if other torrents are queued for download

In older versions of Vuze the "alternate rate when only seeding" took effect so long as nothing was currently downloading regardless of whether it was queued or not. This allowed one to leave a long list of torrents queued and still take advantage of the slight increase in upload speed possible while "only seeding". Without automatic switching checking the "alternate rate when only seeding" box becomes essentially pointless as one must then manually switch queued torrents off when wishing to benefit from the effect.

Please change it back.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Implementation Very Serious :-)

Plugin to Incorporate the plus famous torrent search sites by accept termes and decline the responsabilty of vuze :) , support to the ono plugin, theme changer and redesigner for funny use for the program, a option to enable a 4 and over cores optimization of the cpu, supporto for a download site for upgrade firmwares and drivers of the devices of the pc and the boards and for finish a support for chrome frame to very fast browsing with the browser if is included or include the browser in the program and the support for chrome frame + download…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?
When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base