Vote for Vuze!

General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to slow/stop torrent download when other active devices are present on the network

It would be nice if there were an option for Vuze to automatically throttle down and/or stop active torrents when another device that requires a lot of bandwidth (i.e. gaming console) becomes active on the network. This could be selected by local IP or by device type (Xbox 360, PS3, etc.).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add a immediate notification if connection disrupts due to connectivity issues

if the local connection is disrupted a notification should be launched informing the user about torrent being stopped due to no internet connection.....!!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. it's very annoying to have the unselected files created like i did select them !!!!

i know these files are empty & not filled with data ... but **** i dont need these files at all so i deselected them!!!! i know about that pieces thingy but i think u have created the most advanced torrent client till now & this is not the hard bug to fix, all other clients have their methods to prevent this ... i love vuze so much & i think this is the only feature that is missed in vuze

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add a way to get the torrent trackers missing sources. and a further search engine directly connected to the best torrent site

add a way to get the torrent trackers missing sources. and a further search engine directly connected to the best torrent site with a selection of type (games, movies ...). to see an update with further sources of research from sources like torrents which have the same files, but different names and different sources. should also display dynamic sources for access to their records Vuze downloads. but otherwise very good software by far the best I struggled with other software and even vuze torrents that had not functioned sources on!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Vuze!May u make vuze to support the normal download link and ed2k link?

Vuze!May u make vuze to support the normal download link and ed2k link?
    Now Vuze is only a BT tools.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have an anutomatic, timed seeding stopper

This would help in stopping seeds after a set amount of time as i cannot stop so many seeds manually!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The next time you UPDATE, make sure you don't add a bunch of bugs like the latest one.

Before the latest update, while browsing torrents through the Google Chrome browser, I could download the torrent...which would show the torrent file at the bottom of the browser, which I would then click on to get the torrent to load into Vuze automatically. NOT SO anymore. Now it just attempts to open Vuze, but errors out.
    But, hey, my first-world problems aren't so bad compared to what else is going on in the world. This mentality helps me not obsess about such "bugs".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option for alternative gateway IP for torrent traffic

I have the luxury of having more than one DSL connection available to my home network. I'd like an option in Vuze to use a gateway that isn't the system default gateway issued by DHCP.

Ie: use 192.168.1.1 for normal gaming, Internet use etc, and be able to tell Vuze to use my second gateway on 192.168.1.254.

This would avoid the need for a dedicated NIC and the confusing advanced network options to route via a NIC name.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Temporary (for one session) kick and ban

Kick and ban option that didn't involve the arduousness of having to go and manually unban a bunch of IP's that you probably don't know the names of every time. Sometimes you just want to get rid of some peers to focus on the ones that have all the pieces and you just want to get other peers that don't have many or hardly any pieces out of the queue, but you don't want to permanently be banning them nor do you or can you manually go and unban all of those bans after...

One session kick and ban would…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add more sites to download from and automatically add them to our lists without us having to search all over the place

Add more torrents that automatically goes to our files. If we don't want them.....we can delete.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Web browser tab with link saving abilities (No Torrent Sites Listed)

I suggest to have another vuze tab such as Vuze HD Network, Notifications. There should be hyperlink text under that stating "new Browser" once opened in the vuze program it will open up the Vuze homepage you'll be able to change homepage and save links. once the web browser tab is opened it turns into a drop down link with all your saved links, to save space on the tab let it show 5 and make it scrollable.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some downloads are frozen even though there apparently are seeders. There should be a sort of alarm

Some downloads are frozen even though there apparently are seeders. There should be a sort of alarm

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. create a instrument for simplify the process of download the archives and make a mechanism for execute a download with more velocity e quali

create a instrument for simplify the process of download the archives and make a mechanism for execute a download with more velocity e quality, proposing, then, some alternatives to simplify the process about download, conceding, by the way, some kind like a mechanism of execution form do the downloads about archives and torrent links.
    This alternative looks like some gerenic thing, or solution without aplication, but isn´t, i will just want a mode to simplify the process for get any archives on the internet.

Great consideration and admiration,

Marcus Costa.

Brasil.

Ps: my apologies for any mistake when i wrote…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Calculate the time remaining on slow-downloading torrents using historic data.

If there are only a few seeds and the transfer is sporadic, the time-remaining will generally show anything from a couple of days through many years up to infinity. Yet, these torrents can actually be downloaded in about 10-20 days if you are just patient.

The time remaining is calculated using the current download speed. However, if you were to use the average historic speed, you would be much better able to predict how long it's probably going to take.

For short downloads, or situations where the speed has just picked up, this historic view wouldn't work.

I suggest using…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve of the Auto-Speed algorithm

I think with a better improvement of the auto-speed algorithm (Classic, Beta or Neural), will be very useful for new non-power users and could get the most of Vuze/Azureus with a simple steps.

i'm using neural since a long time ago, but when for example i open a video on youtube vuze reduce the download speed, but for just browse some pages without heavy content, will not reduce the speed.

My 2cents

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to close my laptop and still have my torrents downloading.

Some kind of background program that runs while my laptop is closed saves it to the server or something and when I come back and open it the torrent should be completed instead of having to reboot and search for seeders.

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Torrenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. set a time limit you want to seed rather than minimum time a cycle begins

I'm pretty sure a lot of people just close after download finishes, Imma be honest and I say I do that too. But I do want to seed for a time a choose rather than having a cycle complete (minimum seeding time in settings) that way I can really help the community. Oh and I'm new so if there was already a feature like this than please let me know.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for better Internet performance while torrenting

My Internet / browsing speed grinds to a halt with even just one small torrent downloading no matter what settings I use. So I need to turn it off when browsing. There should be some automatic way that Vuze prioritises Internet browsing speed if it detects somebody trying to use the web on the network. Likewise, I have to turn off torrents in order for the PS3 to function with adequate speed over the connection.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can You Give Us Vuze Free Games

If you Are giving us any games we will be happy to say that you will get an $20000 downloaders for you.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?
When writing a new idea, please keep it clean and civil. Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. Entries containing multiple ideas confuse the voting proccess.

Visit the Vuze Development Blog to check out the progress of your ideas

Vuze is Open Source - can't wait for your feature to be implemented? Write it yourself! See the Vuze Wiki for an introduction to doing this and visit the Development Site for developer resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base